Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Cookie” means a small text/image file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 15, below;
- “Our Site” means this website, www.billytannery.co.uk;
- “United Kingdom and EU Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015;
- “We/Us/Our” means Billy Tannery Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10653455 and our registered office is at Castle House, Castle Street, Guildford, England, GU1 3UW.
We may collect and process the following data about you
You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our newsletter, place an order on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
We use information held about you in the following ways
We will use Information that you give to us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will use Information that we collect about you:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
Disclosure of your information
- We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be free of charge. You also have the right to:
- Right of access by the data subject
- Rectification and erasure
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
- Right to restriction of processing
- Notification obligation regarding rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object and automated individual decision-making
- Right to object
- Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
- Website functionality cookies: These cookies enable you to browse the website and use features such as shopping baskets.
- Website analytics cookies: We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the website. This allows us to continuously improve our website and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies: When browsing or shopping online, the website will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. They also limit the number of times you see an advert as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.